It’s a year since Scale Up Your Business began (can you believe it?), and to celebrate this very special anniversary, the microphone is being handed to a special host, Rob Williams, one of Nick’s closest colleagues, who will be interviewing Nick for a change.
Yes, due to popular demand, Nick is this week’s “Entrepreneur In Focus”, so listen as he talks candidly about the things that make him tick, why he does what he does, and why he’s so passionate about the world of scale-up!
It’s a completely unique, one-off chance to get to really know the man behind the vision of Scale Up Your Business, so settle in for a markedly different episode.
- Nick’s main reason for starting the Scale Up Your Business podcast was to give something back to the world, to help people. After 12 months, the feedback only gets more inspiring.
- LinkedIn and Facebook are the main channels that people use to get in touch with Nick. If you’re adding value to people then they will seek you out.
- When it comes to the “secret sauce” of podcasting, Nick gives three reasons for his success:
- The name of the podcast is incredibly important. Make it punchy. Call it what it is.
- Nick talks about mind-set, intention, and being clear about what you want to achieve. He then tells you how.
- Be authentic, but don’t be vulnerable.
- Achieving your vision can be helped along by finding the people you wish emulate, and associating with those people.
- As soon as Nick became curious, the answers began to present themselves. Call it serendipity or coincidence, but the laws of attraction do work. It’s as if your vibe becomes magnetic to the force you’re hoping to attract.
- Achieving and maintaining energy levels is about focussing on your “why”. Having a strong enough mission behind your actions is purpose enough to push yourself to do anything.
- Physiologically, Nick recommends intermittent fasting, regular exercise, healthy amounts of sleep and ensuring that the things you put into your body are balanced.
‘It’s really about trying to build a community’
’The tables have been turned on you, bro’
‘If you help enough people to get what they want in life, then you’ll get the things you need’
’Scale Up is about perseverance and endurance’
’The only thing they’re really stuck in is their head’
’The purpose behind what I’m doing is greater than how I feel’
‘Being grateful for what you have is the antidote to fear’
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor.
My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.