For this very special fiftieth edition of Scale Up Your Business, Nick has a treat for you. A very special guest, the founder of Reboot.io, bestselling author and coach, Jerry Colonna, whose approach to business, leadership and living in an impactful way, are lessons that we should all take to our hearts.
If you’re about to scale up your business, or strike out and live life on your own terms, then this is the perfect catalyst for you.
- You need to slow down to speed up. Learn to give yourself some time to reflect. If you do that, you’ll get to where you want to be much faster in business and in life.
- Jerry’s work with other people really focusses on the intersection between who they are and what they do. By analysing their fears, Jerry is able to provoke meaningful conversation about their goals and aspirations.
- Human struggles are real and universal. Challenges are primal and affect people in all walks of life. Suffering is common, and we do not discuss them enough, which leads to isolation.
- For those facing indecision or socialised indifference, Jerry recommends reaching out to people, and nourishing ourselves spiritually upon the works of others. Books are a spiritual companion at these times.
- Be grateful, even for the difficulties you have. Don’t simply reflect and show gratitude for the positive times. Be grateful for it all. Every moment, good or bad, created the person that you became.
- When we begin 2020, it’s worth pausing to ask how we are doing. Planning for the future is essential, but remember what the preceding year has done, and what it has brought us. How did 2019 affect us?
- A leader is someone who holds power and agency over themselves and others, or both, and effectively manages the programming and subroutines that exist within them, to minimise the negative implications of what they have carried since childhood. Everyone can be a leader, regardless of position.
’Slow down to speed up. Learn to stand still’
‘What we really do is smuggle in consciousness’
‘Heartbreak leads to resiliency, which leads to equanimity’
‘Your story is my story’
‘A good book is a spiritual companion’
‘How do you want to spend your minutes?’
‘Everyone can be a leader’
Reboot – www.reboot.io
Reboot: Leadership And The Art Of Growing Up – Jerry Colonna – https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reboot-Leadership-Art-Growing-Up-ebook/dp/B0796SNDSK
Jerry Colonna Twitter – https://twitter.com/@jerrycolonna
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor.
My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.