Nick’s guests, Chris Lawson and Samuel Monnie are the co-hosts of the podcast ‘Across the Pond, Marketing Transformed’ and in this, in-depth discussion they talk about the importance of narrative, optimising your marketing strategy, inspiring success and the importance of a growth mindset in business
This is a fascinating opportunity to understand how at the heart of good marketing there needs to be a great storyteller creating a narrative and telling a story with empathy that connects with others.
- Storytelling is about painting a picture that is very human
- With storytelling, emotion is felt and transferred
- Storytelling is natural to humans and the struggles are very vivid
- The people that you ultimately connect within business are those who are great storytellers
- At the heart of good marketing is good storytelling and applies whether its analytical performance-based marketing or developing a proposition
- Can you tell the brand story from the perspective of the customer where they are the hero?
- It was a transformational shift in marketing when the customer started to have a voice
- Peer to peer groups are about humans connecting on a social and emotional level
- Listening as well as telling and talking is a powerful construct
- Peer to peer learning, sharing and collaboration is a huge opportunity
- There are now multiple ways for content creators to be rewarded and compensated
- You have to understand your marketing strategies and the audience you want to connect with
- You need to understand, reflect and listen with empathy and it is this that gives you the right to inspire and paint a picture of the future
- Be a curious detective, listen carefully and go with where they want to go
‘Whether you are a rising star, experienced professional or entrepreneur we wanted to tell a story around marketing because it isn’t rocket science’
‘There is a lot of noise out there so you have to stand out’
‘It’s about connecting in an authentic way with communities on their terms’
Scale Up Your Business – scaleup.vip/podcast
Join the free Scale Up Your Business community: scaleup.vip/community
Take the Predictable Growth Assessment™, to measure your current business performance and show you where to focus next to get to where you want to be: https://scaleup.vip/PredictableGrowthAssessment
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor. My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.
Nick’s Facebook Page: https://scaleup.vip/FB
Nick’s LinkedIn: https://scaleup.vip/LI
Nick’s Instagram: https://scaleup.vip/IG
Scale Up Your Business website: www.suyb.global