Nick talks to Chester Elton, author, speaker, founder of The Culture Works, and leading global expert on leadership, culture, and engaging your people.
Chester joins Scale Up Your Business to talk about his book, ‘Leading With Gratitude’, and why gratitude in business is so important in effective leadership. If you’re struggling to build great teams and instil your culture, then this week’s show is a must-listen!
- Travel, spending time in different cultures, and getting out of your comfort zone, grants you a series of life lessons and teaching that you simply can’t get from academia.
- When taking on a new responsibility or pursuit, the more you do it the better you get. You can’t expect to walk into a new skill. It’ll be hard at first, but stick with it.
- We are never too advanced in our field to stop receiving guidance from coaches or mentors. Even the top athletes in the world still retain the services of coaches in order to keep growing.
- You can’t be fearful and grateful at the same time. Focussing on the positives in our life not only eliminates fear but promotes a positive state and mindset, and encourages productivity.
- 99% of the world turning up in the hopes that they’ll do a good job, but mistakes will inevitably happen, and that’s okay.
‘You treat everybody well. You be good to everybody. Everybody’s having a tough day’
‘Who are you grateful for that’s not at the table. Who are you grateful for who’s at the table, who hasn’t been thanked yet?’
‘Your job is to wake up every day and make someone’s day a little better’
‘Anything that you start, that you’ve never done, is difficult’
‘We call it “little wins along the way”‘
Scale Up Your Business – scaleup.vip/podcast
Join the free Scale Up Your Business community: scaleup.vip/community
Generate 20 New Leads in 20 Days – download your free 5-step guide to put in place my top-performing customer creation strategies: scaleup.vip/20leads
Chester Elton – https://www.chesterelton.com/welcome
Chester Elton LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/chesterelton/
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor. My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.
Nick’s Facebook Page: https://scaleup.vip/FB
Nick’s LinkedIn: https://scaleup.vip/LI
Nick’s Instagram: https://scaleup.vip/IG
Nick’s website: https://scaleup.vip/NB
Scale Up Your Business website: https://scaleup.vip/suyb