‘If you are not deliberately building your connections nobody is going to know you’re out there or who you are’
Nick is joined by Anna Parker-Naples who is the host of the ‘Entrepreneurs Get Visible’ podcast and a multi-award-winning Hollywood voice actor.
They discuss how you can deliberately connect with the right people to move to the next level in your business and share their own journeys in this episode that has something for everyone.
When you put yourself in the right environment you start to meet like-minded people and start to see similar values and pathways it’s a powerful thing.
- How can you deliberately connect with the right people to move to the next level?
- The difference between a start-up and scale-up can often be the ability to work with people.
- It’s about working with teams and external partners.
- If you see someone for whom it is already a reality you can more easily see yourself there.
- There is no risk in setting audacious goals so why not go out there and create something outstanding.
- Even if you are creative you need to have an entrepreneurial head and I’m interested in helping people to get there.
- My mission is about helping other people to become the best version of themselves and to do the same for myself.
- When something presents to you and its already in your mind then you see the opportunities.
- It’s about being very intentional about who you want to network with and be mentored by.
- You must be open to meeting other people.
- You have to be intentional about attending events where you can connect with the right people.
- It’s about the human interactions that lead to relationships and to make them you have to be in the room.
- You need to be getting out there, being an entrepreneur can be very lonely but to build your business you must get out there so people know about your business and what you are doing.
- You have to get visible over time and people are going to remember you. Maybe you can be a connection for someone else.
- If you are not deliberately building your connections nobody is going to know you’re out there or who you are.
‘You have to first create the vision, for me, it’s the next 20 years’
‘My epiphany was realising that I had lost my way for 20 years following what I thought was the right path being in corporate but really I had been repressing who I was really was’
‘You can’t be unauthentic my mindset is - I’m going to meet new people who may be able to help me and I may be able to help them’
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor.
My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds - with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development - showing up and being the best version of myself ... every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations - so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms - utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.