When your future suddenly becomes uncertain, and the business plans you had for the year are suddenly thrown into disarray, then you’re faced with a choice. You can either hibernate and wait for the troubles to blow by, or you can look for the many opportunities out there.
That’s the message in this week’s show, where Nick talks to world-renowned author and entrepreneur, Mike Michalowicz, a man who’s built success through innovation and creativity, and whose latest book, ‘Fix This Next’, might just be the manual you need to see your business through tough times.
- If we are feeling the need to take loans in order to see our businesses through, then we need to ensure we’re taking them for the right reasons. Are there underlying issues that will cause more cash-drain later?
- The businesses that are going to sail through this hardship will be the ones who innovate, pivot and most importantly, collaborate.
- Many businesses thrive on intentions, and plead honourable promises of philanthropy. But without solid foundations, structures, and the footing upon which to see these promises through, they eventually collapse and fail.
- Once you pinpoint the areas to work on in your business, Objective, Measurement, Evaluation and Nurture (OMEN) will be the pathway to helping you achieve it.
- Profit is more important than ever right now. Without profit, we do not have time to address immediate challenges.
- People need leadership more than ever. Your team needs a light to show the way, but so to do your clients. Communicate more frequently, and keep it concise.
’The arrogance was building, along with the ignorance’
’There ain’t no such thing as free money!’
’Sales are the oxygen for business’
‘We need to get in order to give’
‘Entrepreneurship is a force for good’
Fix This Next by Mike Michalowicz – https://mikemichalowicz.com/fix-this-next-book/
Mike Michalowicz – https://mikemichalowicz.com
The Entrepreneurship Elevated Podcast – https://mikemichalowicz.com/podcast/
Mike Michalowicz Twitter – https://twitter.com/MikeMichalowicz
Mike Michalowicz Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/MikeMichalowiczFanPage/
Mike Michalowicz Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/mikemichalowicz/
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor.
My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.