This week we’re going into purpose and mission, areas that are crucial to any business in going above and beyond the financial gain aspect.
Entrepreneurs tend to strike out on their own because they want choice, freedom and financial independence, but if you’re thinking bigger, then the success you find will be far greater.
In this special show, Nick talks to Gerald Rogers, a transformational leader and coach who focusses on helping people to create financial freedom doing the thing they love most while discovering their true purpose.
- There are four steps in being successful in business:
- After being financially decimated by the property crash, Gerald was forced to ask himself the important questions: what is it that he was called to do on this earth? What really lit him up? And how could he make money while living his purpose?
- The amount of money that you have, the relationships your experience, your physicality; all these things link back to your identity, or inner blueprint you have. You can’t outperform the mentality your brain is comfortable with. Gerald's work has been focussed on how to adjust this self-image, so that we can perform at a higher level.
- The transformational steps Gerald uses to enable a higher level of attainment:
- Awareness - Figure out what you’ve created and how. What are your limiting beliefs?
- Accountability - You cannot create change in your life if you experience life as a victim.
- Sovereignty - Taking ownership of your life.
- Action - taking control and aligning these factors to achieve a higher state of belief.
- Acceleration - Once you’re on the right path, accelerate your growth.
- A practice Gerald recommends is to find some space, take a moment and relax into the most powerless and weak version of yourself; depressed and overwhelmed. Remain in this state for a while.
- Recognise that the way you feel physically at this moment is affecting your emotional state.
- Concentrate on how you are breathing.
- Examine your focus levels.
- What are the images and thoughts in your mind?
- What are the beliefs you currently have?
- These physiological traits are your personal recipe for depression and a lack of self-belief. By countering each of them, you can lift yourself from this state when you need to.
‘If you find purpose in what you’re doing, you tend to be more successful’
‘I didn’t understand why I knew what to do, but I couldn’t get myself to do what I knew’
’The thing I love most is the deep inner work of transformation’
‘I’m always looking for more ways to upgrade my operating system’
‘You can never outperform your self-image’
‘You cannot be powerful if you believe at any level that are not responsible for your results’
‘Our physiology leads our experience'
Gerald Rogers - https://geraldrogers.com
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor.
My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds - with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development - showing up and being the best version of myself ... every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations - so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms - utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.