In this episode, Nick reprises his Entrepreneur In Focus series to talk to Jonathan Rivera, the man who has turned podcasting into an art-form by encouraging those with a message to hone their brand and get their message out there using his business, The Podcast Factory. Sharing stories using the mew technologies available helps us not just to grow own brands, but to help others, and to develop our businesses.
In this very special show, Jonathan and Nick discuss what it means to be an entrepreneur, Jonathan's journey from blue-collar employment to the business he now operates, the inspirations he draws from, and the lessons learned along the way.
- It took Jonathan a long time to find his vocation. After trying several different careers, and several different ways of living, he finally conquered his failures, defied the advice he was receiving, and found his place in the world.
- The only true failure is if you don’t learn from it. Lessons come in all shapes and sizes. Look for the way to grow from any opportunity.
- In Jonathan’s opinion, the 99% of the least wealthy in the world are slowly conditioned to believe that they should not try to succeed as they will fail. Even in an educational environment, we are told to act in a certain way and develop in a certain way. The disruptors are the ones who break the programming and succeed despite the advice.
- Vigilance is the only way to guard against bad advice. Study the referrals and listen to what they say and look for congruency. Have they achieved success? Are they qualified to coach or mentor anyone?
- Everyone with a message needs a Personal Media Platform (PMP) so that they can “PMP” their message. There are many available including podcasting, video, writing. Find your way to magnify your message and plant your flag.
- Decide what scaling means for you. Does it mean growing the business? Does it mean increasing your revenue? Does it mean being able to lessen your personal workload?
- Doing your best is not enough. You need to show people that you do the best work. You need to market yourself, You owe it to yourself to get that message out there.
- In order to grow, you need to shake things up once in a while. You need structure, routine and consistency, but make sure you temper all that with experimentation and step out of your comfort zone. That’s how you grow
’I think that it’s because of all my failures that I am here’
’None of the programming worked’
‘You only fail if you stop’
‘A failure is feedback’
‘People really need to PMP their message’
‘I’m mounting a campaign and I need you on board!’
Jonathan Rivera LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/producerjonathan/
The Podcast Factory - https://thepodcastfactory.com
Daddy’s Working Podcast - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/daddys-working-podcast/id1445708191
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor.
My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds - with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development - showing up and being the best version of myself ... every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations - so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms - utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.