It’s a duo of growth experts this week, as Nick talks to entrepreneur, speaker and business growth expert, Jay Allen, in a show dedicated to growing and scaling your business successfully!
Jay and Nick discuss the true meaning behind the term “ethical growth”, why a whopping 80% of business owners are doing it wrong, and how you can take an invaluable outside perspective on your business.
- All businesses can be categorised in five ways:
- The 1% – Those who disrupt and cause others to ride on their coattails
- The 4% – Those who are doing very well, but who haven’t quite systemised their way to the 1%
- The 15% – Those on a more standard, incremental growth trajectory
- The 60% – Those who plateau, stall and struggle
- The 20% – Those who fail, go bust and expire
- If you do not have the systems and processes first, as the foundations on which your business is built, then we are building on “wet sand”. We must have robust support beneath our feet from the outset.
- Too many businesses employ a “survive to fight” mindset, instead of a “fight to survive”. We must give full consideration to the impact on the bigger battle ahead, and focus on thriving, not just surviving.
- Focusing on our “why” is crucial, as our businesses should be seen as a resource. We must constantly reflect upon the effectiveness of what we do in business, compared to what we want from
- A good business plan is one that can be picked up by anyone, inside or outside of the business, and when read, cause that person to understand it and be inspired by it.
‘Eighty percent of business owners clearly get it all wrong’
‘It’s so much more important to step out of the business and reflect on “Am I still on course?”’
‘Fight to survive is “what do I need to do right here in order to guarantee my survival?”’
’Simplicity has to be the key to any good business plan’
Scale Up Your Business – scaleup.vip/podcast
Join the free Scale Up Your Business community: scaleup.vip/community
Generate 20 New Leads in 20 Days – download your free 5-step guide to put in place my top-performing customer creation strategies: scaleup.vip/20leads
Jay Allen – https://jayallen.uk
Jay Allen LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/jayallen-mytruenorth/?originalSubdomain=uk
Jay’s AddAZero Audit
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor. My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.
Nick’s Facebook Page: https://scaleup.vip/FB
Nick’s LinkedIn: https://scaleup.vip/LI
Nick’s Instagram: https://scaleup.vip/IG
Nick’s website: https://scaleup.vip/NB
Scale Up Your Business website: https://scaleup.vip/suyb