In this very special episode, Nick is in conversation with Gino Wickman author of the book ‘Traction’ and founder of the entrepreneurial operating system (EOS) a practical method for helping people achieve scale-up in their businesses.
As a successful scale-up entrepreneur Gino shares hugely valuable content on the traits of true entrepreneurs and why you need a clear vision and to stay focused on your values if you want to create and scale a successful business. This is a great chance to hear from someone who has impacted on thousands of entrepreneurs in the making across the globe and whose goal is to reach another million in the next ten years
- The entrepreneur in the making assessment identifies whether you have the traits of an entrepreneur
- You shouldn’t be talking about starting a business until you have first confirmed if you are an entrepreneur
- All entrepreneurs share six essential traits – visionary, passionate, problem solver, driven, risk taker and responsible
- These traits can’t be taught they are innate within an individual
- I believe 4% of the population have these traits and I’m on a journey to help those who are entrepreneurs
- The entrepreneurial range goes from those who are true entrepreneurs through to those who are self-employed
- The goal is to impact on a million entrepreneurs in the making over the next ten years
- When you start your business you have to have a crystal clear vision. The vision will change and it’s different for each entrepreneur
- The first plan is never the final plan, there is always change and the six essential character traits mean a true entrepreneur can make the changes
- Before you hire anyone you need to make sure they fit with your core values
- The ideal person is someone who has the same core values as you and has the skill set required for the role.
- As you become a successful entrepreneur a range of opportunities will show up and it can be easy to be distracted.
- If you want to build something great you have to stay focused
‘I like to create and build stuff and when EOS got to a stage where it was growing up and I was looking at big company issues I sold’
‘You have to stay true to your goals and focused on your values’
‘Anyone who has built a business will have had to change their vision’
Scale Up Your Business – scaleup.vip/podcast
Join the free Scale Up Your Business community: scaleup.vip/community
Take the Six Peaks of Value Creation Scorecard, to measure your current business performance and show you where to focus to get to where you want to be: https://scaleup.vip/sixpeaks
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor. My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.
Nick’s Facebook Page: https://scaleup.vip/FB
Nick’s LinkedIn: https://scaleup.vip/LI
Nick’s Instagram: https://scaleup.vip/IG
Scale Up Your Business website: www.suyb.global