How do you design your day to integrate work and life in a way that works for your wellbeing and health?
Jen Fisher, Deloitte’s chief well-being officer in the US empowers people to prioritise themselves so that they can optimise their performance and in this episode, she talks about how to manage your life and work in a way that works for you and why in reality balance is about the rhythms over time
She also talks with Nick about the pros and cons of technology and what the future may look like if we effectively use technology to enhance and augment our human relationships
- There is no need for life and work to be balanced it’s about integration and managing your life and work in a way that works for you, it’s about rhythms over time
- In some ways technology has had a positive impact meaning we can connect from wherever we are in the world
- As humans, we haven’t adapted to the technology and taken control of it
- Technology will never be able to do some of the things humans do that make them uniquely human
- We need to make a shift about what we reward in the culture of the workplace
- We need to look at the right way to effectively use technology
- The first step in changing organisational culture is to take a step back and identify what is holding back wellbeing
- The people who you work with and come into contact with every day are those who have the biggest impact on your wellbeing
- Leaders and managers can create the right environment but ultimately everyone has personal accountability for their own well-being and health
- It’s important to always engage your workforce and asking them will create its own uplift because people feel heard
- Empower your teams to ask the right questions and discuss what they need
- Going to the office should be about collaboration with others
- There is always going to be a need for face to face meetings because humans are social creatures and need the connection.
- We need to use technology to enhance, sustain and augment those relationships
‘Burnout shouldn’t be the price we pay for success’
‘We want to understand how people are feeling and how supported they feel’
‘The future will be hybrid and it’s about how we come together in the moments’
Scale Up Your Business – scaleup.vip/podcast
Join the free Scale Up Your Business community: scaleup.vip/community
Take the Predictable Growth Assessment™, to measure your current business performance and show you where to focus next to get to where you want to be: https://scaleup.vip/PredictableGrowthAssessment
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker, and investor. My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.
Nick’s Facebook Page: https://scaleup.vip/FB
Nick’s LinkedIn: https://scaleup.vip/LI
Nick’s Instagram: https://scaleup.vip/IG
Scale Up Your Business website: www.suyb.global