In this very special show, Nick talks all things money with guest, Catherine Morgan, the host of the In Her Financial Shoes podcast, and multi-award winning financial coach and trainer.
Nick and Catherine discuss the best ways in which we can juggle the delicate balance of money in our lives, where our relationships with money begin and how they are shape our financial aspirations, and how developing a healthy emotional relationship with money can in turn lead to more positive outcomes in not just business but life itself.
- The focus in the financial services industry needs to recognise that it is about people, not products. We must empower people to recognise their worth, and to not be afraid to value themselves correctly.
- Entrepreneurs who begin businesses must take into account, from the beginning, the prospect of one day exiting through sale, or the prospect of how scale can be achieved. Exit strategies need to be inbuilt from the start.
- We form our relationships with money in childhood. It generally relates to some pivotal situation in which money has played a crucial role. The effects of this relationship last through life.
- Our relationship with money uses our emotional side, rather than our logical side. Some see it as a form of comfort when life hits the rocks. Others find themselves influenced by the ways in which money was presented during youth.
- Many entrepreneurs are driven by a dearth of money in their youth. This has been the driving factor in much of their success, as they battle to build the wealth they never knew.
’The limit of where you can go is kind of untapped’
‘Often when we start businesses, we don’t think about selling it’
’I was actually self-sabotaging my own financial success’
’What impact did that have, and therefore what meaning did you attach to money?’
Scale Up Your Business – scaleup.vip/podcast
Join the free Scale Up Your Business community: scaleup.vip/community
Take the Six Peaks of Value Creation Scorecard, to measure your current business performance and show you where to focus to get to where you want to be: https://scaleup.vip/sixpeaks
The Money Panel – www.themoneypanel.co.uk
In Her Financial Shoes – https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/in-her-financial-shoes-podcast/id1449065629
Catherine Morgan LinkedIn – https://uk.linkedin.com/in/catherine-morgan?trk=people-guest_people_search-card
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor. My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.