Nick is in conversation with Scott Jeffery Miller, leadership maestro, multi bestselling author, podcast host, leadership coach and global keynote speaker.
In the world today every business is both a people company and a technology company so getting the leadership and the culture right has never been more important and now as the world moves forward again everyone is reassessing what’s important to them with people wanting meaningful work in a winning team within a culture of trust
Nick and Scott discuss how in any business you need to begin with the right leaders, those who understand that their job is to achieve results within and through other people, if you want to create a culture of trust that people want to work in.
- People don’t quit their jobs they quit bad bosses and corrupt cultures
- Culture is the way the vast majority of people behave most of the time. Culture is how we get stuff done and is everything
- People are not the most important asset in a company it’s the relationships between those people that form the culture. It’s always about the relationships
- To build culture you need to get very clear on the behaviours you want to see exhibited and the decisions how people treat each other
- Leaders are the lynchpin of every culture so you need to start with the behaviour and mindset of your leaders
- To be an effective leader you need to understand that it’s your job to achieve results within, through other people, you have to build capability in others
- There is a difference between efficient and effective. You cannot be efficient with people, you can only be effective
- Most of us spend our lives fulfilling the identities others put on us, your job is to go out and create your own identity
- Vulnerability is being confident enough to talk about what you do and don’t know so that others are encouraged to do this as well
- Humble leaders are more concerned with what is right rather than being right
- There is a new type of leadership that is about being relatable and having the vulnerability to be confident enough to share what they know and what they don’t know
- Great leaders love their people enough to have a high courage conversation, with some diplomacy, to save people from themselves
‘It’s a group of unimpeachably trustworthy people who are passionate about changing the world’
‘When you have the right people with the right mindset in leadership it’s much easier to get
fifteen hundred others to follow’
‘What cannot be replicated is culture, people come to companies and stay with companies because of the culture’
Scale Up Your Business – scaleup.vip/podcast
Join the free Scale Up Your Business community: scaleup.vip/community
Take the Predictable Growth Assessment™, to measure your current business performance and show you where to focus next to get to where you want to be: https://scaleup.vip/PredictableGrowthAssessment
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker, and investor. My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.
Nick’s Facebook Page: https://scaleup.vip/FB
Nick’s LinkedIn: https://scaleup.vip/LI
Nick’s Instagram: https://scaleup.vip/IG
Scale Up Your Business website: www.suyb.global