In this episode, Nick interviews a true superstar in the world of marketing.
Neil Patel has been called a “genius” and the “mad scientist of marketing”. He’s a New York Times best-selling author, and one of the Wall Street Journal’s “top influencers on the web”, and one of of Forbes’ “Top Ten Marketeers Of Our Time”.
No one know more about how to market a business than Mr Neil Patel, who joins Nick today in one of the most exciting episode of Scale Up Your Business ever created. He’ll share the ways in which he’s pioneered the art of digital marketing over the last two decades, and how you can use his incredible insights in order to turn your business into a world-class enterprise.
Buckle up, because this is going to be something truly special…
- When you’re starting out, you don’t always have the budgets to place paid ads, or even to attend conferences that you’re assured will help you along. But you can assert your brand for free. You can work to build your presence at every opportunity.
- As long as your purpose is true, and that your end goal is something you can work towards without expectation, then your brand will grow in the tailwind.
- Channels these days are crowded, and they know their worth. It costs money to build your brand through conventional channels. But the upside is that we have so many to choose from, and so many different ways in which to build.
- The brand is your biggest advantage. People will always follow the brands they know and trust. Therefore when you build your brand, it should be with the longterm in mind. It also needs to be the visible one that springs to mind when people think of your sector.
- Brand building begins and grows with:
- Creating content constantly – utilise video on platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. Repurpose when you can
- Go live, once a week, on all channels
- Create at least three blog posts per week that are educational
- Include data, stats, and cite your sources. Not only does this make you look like an expert, it begins new connections
- Push notifications – Use services like Subscribers.com to leverage push notifications in a professional way
- Collect emails – when people come to you, they can subscribe to every thing you do
- The rule of seven is where a customer sees or engages with you seven times or more. This interaction leaves a lasting impact on their relationship with you.
- More people are set to spend more money on branding than they ever have before. Some may have written off ads in the past, but Neil predicts that their reach, and subsequent revenues will only grow.
‘Marketing is one of the most crucial things to get right in your scale-up journey’
‘You’ve never ever had so much access and so many ways of getting your message out there’
‘Be patient – you always want to scale faster than you ever will’
‘Marketing has turned into an omni-directional approach’
‘People still buy Nike shoes because they’re Nike’
‘Branding is what sets you apart’
’The friction has been removed’
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor. My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.