Nick talks with Lee Houghton, change and transformation coach and host of the ‘Business Problems Solved’ podcast.
They discuss their journeys and following a pivotal event in Lee’s life the three key life lessons that he applies in all areas of life on both a macro and a micro-level.
People are key to everything and as we all move towards a different landscape for working leading change and transformation in a way that enables people to be themselves and communicate freely in a positive environment is a model for change that encompasses Lee’s key life lessons.
- Sometimes things happen in life that you don’t want, you can’t change what happens but you can change your response
- I’ve had the most random journey to get to where I am, but every experience has been a learning opportunity.
- Always be yourself whatever happens – your values are the foundation of who you are.
- Make good friends because you never know when you might need them – it’s vital to make connections in every area of your life.
- Times limited, act now – if you really want to do something you’ll start straight away
- I learnt that when I’m at my darkest I begin to write and am most creative.
- I’m frustrated that I had to lose Chris to understand these three vital lessons.
- Any event can be deemed neutral it’s the response that is either positive or negative
- I have a burning desire to share Chris’s three lessons with as many people as I can.
- It’s about enabling everyone to be themselves, to be able to speak freely in a positive environment and get where they want to go.
- There is a lot of assessment required in business as people will not go back to work in the same way.
- The idea that people can be effective working from home is forcing a systemic change.
- As a leader, you should have the emotional intelligence to understand everyone is different and will experience change in different ways and times.
- The most important characteristics for any leader are confidence and empathy.
‘The podcast has been a way for me to share my learning’
‘Everyone has to go through an individual journey, I went on a journey of discovery’
‘The pandemic has forced a lot of improvement on business’
Scale Up Your Business – scaleup.vip/podcast
Join the free Scale Up Your Business community: scaleup.vip/community
Take the Six Peaks of Value Creation Scorecard, to measure your current business performance and show you where to focus to get to where you want to be:
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor. My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.
Nick’s Facebook Page: https://scaleup.vip/FB
Nick’s LinkedIn: https://scaleup.vip/LI
Nick’s Instagram: https://scaleup.vip/IG
Scale Up Your Business website: www.suyb.global