There’s certainly an art to dealmaking. Some seem to have a natural instinct and gift for knowing how to turn a handshake into a fortune. That’s certainly the case for Nick’s special guest this week, Carl Allen, an investor and entrepreneur who’s made over 330 acquisitions in his career, worth a staggering $48 billion!
Carl is here to deliver a masterclass to you, in which he’ll talk you through his incredible journey so far, and the strategies that have made him one of the most respected and powerful dealmakers in the world.
- Many businesses who want to sell aren’t necessarily doing it for financial reasons. Sometimes the preservation of legacies is of far more importance that figures in a bank account.
- The key to finding a worthy acquisition is to find a “distressed seller of a good business”, not the other way around, and then giving that seller a dignified exit.
- “Deal Heat” can occur when you have a single deal cooking at any one time. The more time you focus upon it, the more you want it to succeed, removing objective thinking. The best way to combat Deal Heat is to always make sure you have multiple deals operating.
- You can double your business revenue in a single day through careful acquisition. Merging a customer database to your own can expand your potential exponentially and instantly.
- Do your research into potential sellers before you start talking deals. A simple browse through social networks can give you an invaluable pathway into their trust and friendship, which makes negotiations a whole lot easier.
‘I needed something to feed my soul and to feed my brain’
‘In a billion-dollar deal, it’s 90% financial engineering and 10% psychology. In a small deal, it’s the other way around’
‘Always be a seller’
‘You can double your business in a day, and 5X your worth just through one deal’
‘If you want to buy a business, now is the best time!’
Carl Allen’s bonus – http://trainwithcarl.com/scaleup
Carl Allen LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/iamcarlallen/
Special programme offer for SUYB listeners – http://450spr3.com/click.track?CID=431654&AFID=462829
Dealmaker Wealth Society website – https://dealmakerwealthsociety.com/
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor.
My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.