A short episode but a powerful one focused on the 4 questions that can change your life. I learned these points from Jim Rohn who has been a huge inspiration to me from the start of my career.
If you’re struggling in your business right now, I challenge you to spend some time seriously reflecting on these 4 questions…
- Scaling up your business is also about scaling up your life. You need to improve your life in order to improve your business, it’s as much about mind-set as it business.
- WHY? – Everyone’s why will be different. This is one of the most powerful questions you can ask someone because it gives them a purpose as to why they’re doing something.
- WHY NOT? – Ask yourself this too as it will tell you what’s holding you back, what problems you’re facing and how you can overcome them.
- WHY NOT YOU? – If you think about anyone successful why couldn’t that be you? The only thing stopping you is your thought process. Surround yourself by people who are going to be positive and help you, not people who make excuses as to why that couldn’t be them.
- WHY NOT NOW? – If there’s something that’s important to you then why not do it now? Focus on a small amount of things at once because he or she who chases 2 rabbit’s catches none.
- Most people don’t do stuff because they focus on too many things at once, the ‘busy bee’s’.
- We’ve all got the same amount of time as each-other to get things done so ask yourself whether the thing you’re wanting to do is important enough.
‘You need a purpose for doing something’
‘Every person who’s achieved something great has asked themselves “why not me?”’.
‘Focus is a superpower’
Jim Rohn’s website link: https://www.jimrohn.com/
ABOUT THE HOST
My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor.
My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.
Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds – with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.
I’m passionate about personal and professional development – showing up and being the best version of myself … every day.
My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations – so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms – utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.