fbpx
+44 (0)2080 575 683
Select Page

15 Minutes To Action – Who Is Your Ideal Customer?

In order to make sure your marketing strategies are effective, you need to focus on who your ideal customer is. 

Many entrepreneurs form their businesses around a product or idea, and then try to find the customer to fit. But as Nick explains in this week’s '15 Minutes To Action', it might be time to flip that thinking...  

KEY TAKEAWAYS

  • A business founded upon a product-centric approach instantly fails to take into account the most important stakeholder: the customer. What are their needs? 
  • If a brand an understand the archetypes of its ideal customer, and can align with their values, it can engender a sense of trust, whether consciously or unconsciously.
  • Aim for an 80/20 split when it comes to marketing. 80% of your revenue should be coming from your core audience or archetype. The other 20% should come from another.
  • We should appeal to our customer’s sense of risk, and attempt to solve problems that are high-stake. Identify the need that’s keeping your customer up at night.

BEST MOMENTS

‘We tend to align with things that align with us’

‘Archetypes are the heartbeat of a brand’

‘You need to understand that person or persona intimately, so that you understand their problems’

’The more generalist you are, the more you don’t stand out'   

VALUABLE RESOURCES

Scale Up Your Business – scaleup.vip/podcast

Join the free Scale Up Your Business community: scaleup.vip/community

Generate 20 New Leads in 20 Days - download your free 5-step guide to put in place my top-performing customer creation strategies:  scaleup.vip/20leads  

Brand Archetypes at Medium - https://medium.com/ebaqdesign/brand-archetypes-the-ultimate-guide-with-48-examples-44b39eb41c8f

ABOUT THE HOST 

My name is Nick Bradley. I’m an entrepreneur, author, speaker and investor. My background is in growing and scaling VC and Private Equity backed businesses.

Having successfully built, bought and sold a number of companies, and removed myself from day-to-day operations, my focus now is on helping entrepreneurs get to where they want to be, in business and in life. As well as investing in growth businesses and backing turnarounds - with the ultimate aim of creating value from significant capital events.

I’m passionate about personal and professional development - showing up and being the best version of myself ... every day.

My bigger vision is to help bring entrepreneurial skills, experience and mindset to people in developing nations - so they can follow their dreams, live life more on their terms - utilising entrepreneurship as a global force for good.

CONTACT METHOD

Nick’s Facebook Page: https://scaleup.vip/FB  
Nick’s LinkedIn: https://scaleup.vip/LI  
Nick's Instagram: https://scaleup.vip/IG  
Nick’s website: https://scaleup.vip/NB  
Scale Up Your Business website: https://scaleup.vip/suyb